Doxycycline Hyclate, the active ingredient of DrDoxy is a broad spectrum antibiotic of the tetracycline group.
Doxycycline Hyclate IP equivalent to Doxycycline 300mg
- Tick borne Rickettsial diseases (Canine MonocyticEhrlichiosis etc)
- Mixed upper respiratory tract infection (kennelcough), leptospirosis, toxoplasmosis
- As pre-treatment to pathogenic microfilarialinfection (Dirofilaria immitis) in order to eliminate the symbiotic bacteriaWolbachia.
Double scored tablets - Convenient dosing.
- E canis infection: 5 mg/kg bw every 12 hrs or 10mg/kg bw every 24 hrs, for 2-3 weeks
- Other susceptible infections: 5-10 mg/kg bw daily for up to 5 days
- Dr Doxy should be administered after food. If it makes the pet nausea, try administering with food. It it makes pet have breathing or swallowing problems, follow tablet with small amount of water
- Avoid administration with antacids & dairy based products
- Do not use in pregnant cats (last 3 weeks of pregnancy) & in kittens (first month).
- PRESENTION: Carton of 5 x 10 tablets