|Home||» Products||» Veterinary Injections||» FELOCELL -3|
Fellocell 3 is forvaccination of healthy cats as an aid in preventing feline viralrhinotracheitis (FVR) caused by feline herpesvirus-1, feline respiratorydisease caused by feline calicivirus (FCV), and feline panleukopenia (FPL)caused by feline parvovirus (FPV). Fellocell 3 contains attenuated strains offeline rhinotracheitis virus, calicivirus, and panleukopenia virus (JohnsonSnow Leopard strain), propagated on established cell lines. Fellocell 3 ispackaged in freeze-dried form with inert gas in place of vacuum.
1. General Directions:Vaccination of healthy cats is recommended. Aseptically rehydrate thefreeze-dried vaccine with the sterile diluent provided, shake well, andadminister 1 mL intramuscularly or subcutaneously.
2. Primary Vaccination:Healthy cats 12 weeks of age or older should receive 2 doses administered 3-4weeks apart. Cats vaccinated at less than 12 weeks of age should berevaccinated at 12 weeks of age.
3. Revaccination: Annualrevaccination with a single dose is recommended as recommended by the AmericanVeterinary Medical Association and its Council on Biologic and TherapeuticAgents, the attending veterinarian should determine the frequency ofrevaccination based on the animal's lifestyle and risk of exposure.
1. Store at2Â°-7Â°C. Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures and/or direct sunlight mayadversely affect potency. Do not freeze.
2. Use entirecontents when first opened.
3. Sterilizedsyringes and needles should be used to administer this vaccine. Do notsterilize with chemicals because traces of disinfectant may inactivate thevaccine.
4. Burncontainers and all unused contents.
5. Containsgentamicin as preservative.
6. Vaccinationof pregnant queens should be avoided.
7. As withmany vaccines, anaphylaxis may occur after use. Initial antidote of epinephrineis recommended and should be followed with appropriate supportive therapy.
8. Thisproduct has been shown to be efficacious in healthy animals. A protective immuneresponse may not be elicited if animals are incubating an infectious disease,are malnourished or parasitized, are stressed due to shipment or environmentalconditions, are otherwise immunocompromised, or the vaccine is not administeredin accordance with label directions.