What is Toxo-Mox used for?
Used for short-term treatment for wide range of bacterial infections common for cats & dogs, includes the skin disease,infections of skin which are caused by cuts, where bacteria entered through it.wounds causing symptoms like itching, wounds filled with pus, hair loss& dried discharge.for treatment of urinary tract infections, small intestine inflammation, upper & lower respiratory tract.
What does Toxo-Mox contain?
- tablets which have the active ingredients of -amoxicillin (200mg) and clavulanic acid (50mg), for treatment of common bacterial infections in cats and dogs.
- Side effects: commonly found side effect -gastrointestinal symptoms including diarrhea and vomiting, loss of appetite.
When should Toxo-Mox not be used?
- You should not give Toxo-Mox tablets 250mg to yourcat or dog if they:
- shown signs of allergic reaction or hypersensitivity,
- pregnant or lactating, without discussion with your vet
- kidney problems that cause them to produce lessurine than normal
- liver problems
How should Toxo-Mox be taken?
- Instructed orally to your dog or cat twice daily.The recommended dose is 12.5mg/kg body weight.
- The number of tablets per body mass works out as follows:
- 10-13kg (22-29 lb) Ã‚½ tablet
- 14-18kg (30-39 lb) 1 tablet
- 19-25kg (41-55 lb 1-1Ã‚½ tablets
- 26-35kg (57-77 lb) 1Ã‚½ -2 tablets
- 36-50kg (79-110 lb) 2-2Ã‚½ tablets
Tablets usage should be followed by the vetinstructions, usually 5 - 7 days. If there is no improvement in your pet, or for 48 hours after all symptoms have gone. In case, if needed your vet may suggest a longer course of treatment,
- 10-20 days for chronic skin disease,
- 10-28 days for chronic cystitis,
- 8-10 days for respiratory disease.