- Toxo-Mox manufacturer is Sava Vet. Made from the raw materials of Amoxicillin and Clavulanic Acid (Potassium Clavulanate).
- Amoxicillin: semisynthetic antibiotic, drug class of Amin openicillins from the broad spectrum of antibacterial action against many gram-positive & negative microorganisms.
- Clavulanic Acid: beta-lactamase inhibitor, protects Amoxicillin from degradation by beta-lactamase enzymes and extends its activity.
- Dogs: skin infections (wounds, abscesses,cellulitis), periodontal infections due to aerobic and anaerobic bacteria(canine periodontal disease).
- Cats: skin infections (e.g., wounds, abscesses, and cellulitis/dermatitis), urinary tract infections (e.g., cystitis due tosusceptible strains of E. coli).
- Not effective for treating infections caused by a virus or fungus.
Mechanism of Action:
Amoxicillin is a bactericidal agent, which kills bacteria by inhibiting the synthesis of a substance in cell wall called Peptidoglycan,which is the main component of the cell walls of both gram-positive and negative bacteria.
Clavulanic Acid inactivates a wide variety of enzymes called -lactamases by blocking their active sites, effective against gram-positive bacteria.
- Dogs: Recommended dosage: 6.25 mg/lb of body weighttwice a day.
- The treatment of skin & soft tissue infections& periodontal infection is 5-7 days for 48-hours after all symptoms disappeared,
- If there is no improvement seen after 5-days of treatment, therapy should be stopped & case is redetermined.
- Duration for pyoderma is 21-days. Treatment should not exceed 30-days.
- Cats: Recommended dosage: 62.5 mg twice a day.
- Treatment should be continued even after 48-hourseven all symptoms have disappeared & not to exceed 30-days.
- If no response after 3days, then therapy should best opped & case is redetermined.
- Missing a dose: In case of missing the dose, it should be given as soon as possible.
- Next dose will be continued at the regular time.
- Don't give the double dose as you have missed the previous ones to compensate the missed dose.
- Overdose: If overdose happens & pet is feeling unwell, stop the medication immediately. Visit the medical emergency attention or contact a healthcare provider
- Room Temperature between 15 - 30 degrees C
- Keep away from excess moisture & heat.
- Split away the unused medicine after the expirationdate.