Xylocaine 2 % Injection is an effective numbing medicine used before surgical procedures. It blocks nerve signals from aspecific part of the body and is categorized as a local anesthetic medicine. Itis also used to treat arrhythmia characterized by an improper beating of the heart.
- Major & minor side effects for Xylocaine 2 %Injection
- Flushing or redness of skin
- Injection site bruising and red coloration
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Cracked or scaly skin
- Fast heartbeat
- Difficulty in breathing
- Join pain and swelling
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands andfeet
- Blurred vision
- Chills or cold sweats.
- Anesthesia: This medicine is used to numb a specificarea of the body to reduce pain and discomfort caused by surgical or other invasive medical procedures. Both the injectable and topical forms are used foranesthesia.
- Pain and irritation: This medicine is used to relieve pain, swelling and discomfort associated with conditions like sunburn,insect bites, minor cuts, scratches, and burns.
- Hemorrhoids: This medicine is used to relieve pain,itching and discomfort caused by hemorrhoids.
- Postherpetic Neuralgia: This medicine is used to relieve pain and burning sensation that lasts after the blisters or shingles have disappeared.