- Used for the treatment of infections like fungal,ringworm and yeast.
- Against Cushings disease.
- The efficient drug against serious fungal infections like coccidioidomycosis, blastomycosis, and cryptococcosis, which will be effect lymph nodes, eyes, bone, skin, and lungs (respiratory tract).
- Ketoconazole is an active ingredient, which interacts with the formation of a fungal cell wall, inhibits the growth of the fungal organisms.
- The medication is not effective for the infections triggered by bacteria, mites, viruses, and parasites - intestinal worms
- Advised not to use the medication in animals with liver disease, clotting problems and those allergic to medications of this genre.
- Not to be used for pregnant or nursing animals.
- The medicine should not be used within 2 hours of an antacid
- High observation & caution is required when used with , cyclosporine, theophylline, phenytoin, and anti coagulants like warfarin.
- Inform the vet or pharmacist about the medications the pet is taking.
- Giving the medicine with food could reduce the side effects.
- Store the medication at room temperature, away from excess heat, light, and moisture.
DOSAGE:The standard dosage for cats and dogs is 2.2 13mg/kg every 12 24 hours.
- The dosage should be given basing on the clinical condition of the pet.
- Effects of the treatment will not be seen for 1 - 2weeks and the treatment duration may extend up to several months.
- The most commonly observed side effects: vomiting,diarrhea, lethargy, itching, inflammation and loss of appetite.
- Side effects like jaundice, blood disorders are seenin rare scenario's.