This medication is used to treat certain parasitic round worm infections. Curing parasitic infections helps to improve your quality of life. In people with weakened defense (immune) systems, curing round worm infections can reduce the risk of developing a severe or life-threatening infection.
Headache, dizziness, muscle pain, nausea, ordiarrhea may occur. If you are being treated for "river blindness"(onchocerciasis), you may experience reactions to the dying parasites during the first 4 days of treatment, including joint pain, tender/swollen lymphnodes, eye swelling/redness/pain, weakness, vision changes, itching, rash, and fever. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor orpharmacist promptly.
Before taking ivermectin, tell your doctor orpharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.